Chosen as one of National Geographic's 20 Best Trips in 2015, the serenity and cultural richness of Haida Gwaii make it one-of-a-kind, unforgettable destination.
An untouched, rugged archipelago of islands off the northwest coast of British Columbia, the archipelago of Haida Gwaii is often referred to as the Canadian Galapagos. In addition, the Haida First Nations People developed one of the world's most powerful and creative aboriginal cultures. The Haida culture & art and the unique flora and fauna of BC's Haida Gwaii provide an excellent backdrop to our photography lessons.
In addition to learning photography, you get to visit the Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve and the Haida Heritage Site, for 3 full days of exploration.
- Round-trip flight between Vancouver and Haida Gwaii (optional road trip instead of the flight can be arranged)
- Accommodation for 4 nights in campgrounds (upgrades available to deluxe lodge style accommodations)
- 2 full-day guided tour to Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve via Zodiac excursion
- A visit to the Haida Heritage Site
- Hiking along several trails, coastlines and beaches
- Photography lessons during all excursions, visits and hikes
Cost: $1,499 (price in Canadian Dollars, per person).
What to bring: Personal camping and hiking supplies. Communal items like tents/cooking equipment are included